The latest fitness trend sweeping the nation is a cross between stand up paddle boarding and yoga; where a paddle board serves as your yoga mat and the ocean your studio! It’s similar to a standard yoga class, with a series of postures and transitions over the course of an hour. The major difference is that these poses are being performed on a moving surface, so you’ll engage a whole new set of muscles and really put your balance to the test. SoCal SUP instructor and NEXT Swimwear brand ambassador Stephanie Tran showed us four poses for all you beginning SUP-ers out there to try next time you paddle out.
The 4th annual day to STAND UP in celebration of SUP and raise awareness of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Pipeline to a Cure Program.
Scheduled Events: Newport Beach. San Diego. Austin. Chicago. Palm Beach. Raleigh.
Pictured Above: NEXT Brand Ambassador Stephanie Tran (on right) with Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Ambassadors Holly (on left) and Ojaio Reynolds (in middle), stand up paddling at the Newport Aquatic Center in Newport Beach.
Sponsored By: Pipeline to a Cure, NEXT swimwear, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, SUP STANDUP PADDLER, SwimSpot, Kaenon, VESL, Adventure Paddleboarding and Quick Blade.
Are you a girl on-the-go? Problem solved with these technical UPF 50 pieces that go far beyond the pool. Integrating swim and fitness to encourage effortless movement from water to land.
- NEXT Positive Energy aqua blue racer back tankini, $68 USD, and Good Karma swim short, $58 USD
- Left: NEXT Perfection black reversible sweetheart bra, $58 USD, Good Karma black long sleeve surf shirt, $64 USD, and skirted legging, $78 USD
- Right: NEXT Good Karma black bra, $58 USD, and Inner Chakra black legging, $68 USD
- Left: NEXT Perfection Third Eye tankini, $68 USD, Good Karma jump start swim short, $58 USD
- Right: NEXT Prosperity full circle molded s/c tankini, $68 USD, and Good Karma powerhouse banded retro pant, $48 USD
- NEXT Lined Up double up tankini, $78 USD, Lined Up tubular tunnel pant, $44 USD
- Left: NEXT Soul Energy the go-to s/c short sleeve surf shirt, $64 USD, Good Karma sand bar strap pant, $44 USD
- Right: NEXT Soul Energy step-up tankini, $68 USD, and Good Karma jump start swim short, $58 USD
- NEXT Lined Up paddle out crop top, $58 USD, Good Karma jump start swim short, $58 USD
- Left: NEXT Good Karma Malibu zip up one-piece, $88 USD
- Right: NEXT Wisdom super woman removable s/c racer back wrap tankini, $68 USD, and Good Karma jump start swim short, $58 USD
- NEXT Fired Up cross train removable s/c tankini, $58 USD, and Fired Up sandbar strap pant, $48 USD
Enjoy this 30 minute body work out and get a little bit closer to that perfect ‘bikini’ bod
Paleo Kale Salad with Chicken, Roasted Veggies & Orange Sesame Vinaigrette
For the Orange Sesame Vinaigrette you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (you can juice your own, I got mine pre-made at Central Market)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar (I got mine at TJ’s)
- 5 Tbs toasted sesame oil (I got mine at TJ’s)
- 3 Tbs Tamari
- 2 packets or more stevia or 2 Tbs raw honey
- 1 Tbs ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup of diced chives (optional but adds great taste)
Place all ingredients in a mason jar with lid and shake vigorously. Adjust flavors to taste. Tamari will make it saltier, stevia will make it sweeter.
Let sit for an hour in the fridge or overnight. The ground flax will naturally thicken the dressing so it is not so watery.
For the chicken:
- 4 organic chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Orange sesame Vinaigrette from above
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
Place chicken breasts in a glass baking dish. Pour dressing over breasts then sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, and sea salt. For best flavor, let sit in the fridge overnight to marinate. If you don’t have time, don’t worry.
Bake chicken at 425 for about 20mins or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool then cut into slices.
For the kale salad:
- 2 heads of kale, stems removed and torn into small pieces
Toss kale with dressing until fully coated. Then top with roasted veggies of choice.
I roasted the veggies in this dish using the same method as the brussels sprouts in this recipe and added fennel, rainbow colored carrots, broccoli, and brussels sprouts. Any veggies will do, even steamed frozen veggies will work in a pinch!
Next top your kale & roasted veggies with sliced chicken and another small drizzle of the orange sesame dressing.
This meal is super yummy and if you make everything ahead of time, it’s so easy to throw together on a busy weeknight. It’s dairy free, gluten free, low carb, well combined, and paleo friendly. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
“You have within you more love than you could ever understand.”- Rumi #yoga #mondaymorning
Mizz Fit Bianca hikes 2 hours through the Mud in our Soul Surfer Bandini and Tubular Tunnel Pant to make it to the stunning Manuanawilli Waterfalls.
Paleo Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
This healthy version of Chicken Tortilla Soup will knock your socks off! You don’t need to add cheese or tortilla strips the soup is full of flavor on it’s own!
Author: Linda Wagner
- 2 large chicken breasts, skin removed and cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
- 32 ounces organic chicken broth
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 jalepenos, de-seeded and diced
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped fine
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced – I always use one of these
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 1-2 cups water
- In a crockpot or large dutch oven over med-high heat, place a dash of olive oil and about ¼ cup chicken broth. Add onions, garlic, jalapeno, sea salt and pepper and cook until soft, adding more broth as needed.
- Then add all of your remaining ingredients and enough water to fill to the top of your pot. Cover and let cook on low for about 2 hrs, adjusting salt & pepper as needed.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, you should be able to shred it very easily. I simply used the back of a wooden spoon and pressed the cooked chicken against the side of the pot. You could also use a fork or tongs to break the chicken apart and into shreds.
- Top with avocado slices and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
- This is an easy one-pot meal that’s loaded with veggies, low in fat, and full of flavor! You don’t need to add cheese or tortilla strips the soup is full of flavor on it’s own!